West African Peanut Soup
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 dl chopped onions
- 1 red Spanish chili pepper, sliced into rings
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1 dl rice
- 1 liter bouillon
- 2-3 dl chopped canned tomatoes with juice
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 dl chunky peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- Heat oil in soup pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice, stock and tomatoes with juice, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer for 45 minutes or until rice is soft.
- Whisk in peanut butter until well blended.
- Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season well with salt and pepper. Add Spanish red chili pepper rings.
- Serve in bowls.
- Sprinkle each bowl with fresh thyme.