My new composition, Alien Lullaby
- 300g basmati rice
- 25g butter
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cardamom pods
- small cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 4 tbsp red curry paste
- 85g raisins
- 850ml chicken stock
- chopped coriander and
- toasted flaked almonds to serve
- Soak the rice in warm water, then wash in cold until the water runs clear.
- Heat butter in a saucepan and cook the onions with the bay leaf and other whole spices for 10 mins.
- Sprinkle in the turmeric, then add chicken and curry paste and cook until aromatic.
- Stir the rice into the pan with the raisins, then pour over the stock.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on the pan and bring to a hard boil, then lower the heat to a minimum and cook the rice for another 5 mins.
- Turn off the heat and leave for 10 mins.
- Stir well, mixing through half the coriander.
- To serve, scatter over the rest of the coriander and the almonds.
Paleo Pumpkin Soup
Serves: 4 servings
Spicy creamy pumpkin soup
- 500 grams pumpkin
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 large carrots
- 1" knob fresh ginger
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 vegetable bullion cubes
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 dl water (or more as needed)
- Wash & peel pumpkin and carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- Peel the garlic and onion, chop into rough bits
- Grate ginger
- Saute the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil, be careful not to burn the garlic!
- Add the pumpkin and carrots
- Add the bullion cubes, chopped ginger and curry paste, stir well
- Add the coconut milk (save a bit for garnishing) and 5 dl of water, stir again
- Let the soup simmer until the pumpkin & carrots are soft (15-30 minutes) stir every few minutes so the bottom doesn't burn
- Mix the soup with a hand blender until smooth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, thin slices of fresh chili pepper, scallions or lemon grass as you prefer
- Swirl a bit of coconut milk over each serving
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 small onion
- 1 small cucumber
- 4 T fresh parsley
- 1 T lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- fresh dill
- black olives
- feta cheese
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 green chili pepper
- olive oil
- Slice the onion into thin half circles.
- Place in a bowl and rub with a little salt, then wash, and drain. Put them in a serving dish.
- Dice the tomatoes and place in the serving dish with the onions.
- Peel the cucumber, dice, and add to the serving dish.
- Slice the bell pepper, chili and herbs. Add to serving dish.
- Dice feta cheese, add to serving dish.
- Drizzle the salad with the olive oil and lemon juice, season to taste, and serve garnished with olives.
Serving size: 4