This ancient Black Forest cuckoo clock is residing in my father’s house, and it sounded really, really sick, like it had OD’ed on NEMBUTAL … so I was obliged to fix it. (My father is 88 and seems to get his cues from the cuckoo these days… 😉 Well actually he can’t see so well but his hearing is pretty good.) It was taking like 30 seconds to perform each cuckoo sequence, so at midnight the performance just went on and on… and slammed the door open and shut each time besides! OMG! What a racket!
I checked out this great website for parts and repair tips- http://www.clockworks.com/cuckooprt.html trying to figure out what to do…
But luckily a little squirt of WD-40 set the cuckoo back to normal… heh heh just like viagra! Pang boom & he was young again!
Death may result from several pathologies that deviate from benign laughter.
Infarction of the pons and medulla oblongata in the brain may cause pathological laughter.
Laughter can cause atonia and collapse (“gelastic syncope”), which in turn can cause trauma. See also laughter-induced syncope and Bezold-Jarisch reflex.
Gelastic seizures can be due to focal lesions to the hypothalamus. Depending upon the size of the lesion, the emotional lability may be a sign of an acute condition, and not itself the cause of the fatality. Gelastic syncope has also been associated with the cerebellum.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1 bottle tequila
- 2 cups dried fruit
- Sample the tequila to check quality.
- Take a large bowl; check the tequila again to be sure it is of the highest quality.
- Turn on the electric mixer.
- Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Beat again.
- At this point, it is best to make sure the tequila is still OK.
- Try another cup just in case.
- Turn off the mixerer thingy.
- Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck iin the cup of dried fruit.
- Pick the fruit up off the floor.
- Mix on the turner.
- If the fried druit getas stuck in the beaterers, just pry it loose with a drewscriver.
- Sample the tequila to test for tonsisticity.
- Next, sift 2 cups of salt, or something.
- Check the tequila.
- Now shift the lemon ice strain your nuts.
- Add one table.
- Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink.
- Whatever you can find.
- Greash the oven.
- Turn the cake tin 360 s and try not to fall over.
- Don't forget to beat off the turner.
- Finally, throw the bowl through the window.
- Finish the tequila and wipe the counter with the cat.
- Cherry Mristmas!