Spaghetti Sauce from Heaven
- 1 can (400 grams) of San Marzano whole tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, peeled and halved
- Salt to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano
- fresh basil
- 500 grams dry pasta of your choice
- Put the tomatoes, onion and butter in a heavy pot.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer then reduce the heat to keep the sauce at a gentle simmer for about 45 minutes, (until droplets of fat are released from the tomatoes).
- Stir occasionally, crush the tomatoes and onion against the side of the pot with a wooden fork.
- Remove from heat, add salt if needed.
- Prepare the pasta of your choice.
- Put a generous serving of sauce on each bowl of pasta.
- Serve with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano and chiffonade of basil.
- A glass of wine would be lovely.
Solania Pomodoro dell'Agro Sarnese - Nocerino D.O.P. is what is on the San Marzano tomatoes in Sweden near Stockholm. I found them at ICA Kvantum in Skärholmen. Kungens Kurva...